1.Using the Dinosaur article included in the Chapter 1 Table of Contents, answer the following questions and submit your answers using the “add submission” button at the bottom of this page. When completing your submission: please number your responses and do NOT include the questions (I will mark off if the questions are included). Lastly, do NOT include attachments as your work will NOT be graded.
I want full sentences, good grammar and DETAIL for all three parts of this assignment! I will mark off for one or a few word answers for the Scientific Method steps (SM).
“A”-level responses are generally more than 300 words.
1. What are the four steps of the Scientific Method included in the article?
2. How do these steps correspond to the steps outlined in our textbook (Chapter 1)? The same? Different? Explain.
3. If you had to expand or combine steps from our text to match the steps from the article which would they be? What was the justification for your choice.
4. Please discuss the first possible cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
5. Please discuss the second possible cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
6. Please discuss the third possible cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
7. Is the first possible cause an “hypothesis”? Why or why not?
8. Is the second possible cause an “hypothesis”? Why or why not?
9. Is the third possible cause an “hypothesis”? Why or why not?
2.On YouTube watch Battle at Kruger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
Based on what you have read and what we have talked about in class, please discuss how you think evolution is involved in these types of behaviors.
An “A”- level response will be at least 250-300 words in length.
3.Please visit Cells Alive!, a website created by James A. Sullivan. This site offers a fun way to learn about cells, including interactive exercises, animations, video clips, and computer-enhanced images of living cells and organisms. Since we are most interested in cells, cell division and the like, take a look at the links that deal with these subjects (I particularly like the puzzles). As per the chapter introduction submit your work via the Assignment link, clicking on the “edit my submission” button to start the process.
Please number your responses and use complete sentences.