Critically evaluate the main differences between the management of national and international human resource.
Choose one option from the list below and write a 3,000 word assignment which addresses it.
1. Critically evaluate the main differences between the management of national and international human resource.
2. Analyse the statement that modern organisations are witnessing an increasing convergence of human resource management practices globally.
3. Assess the main challenges that organisations face when trying to internationalise their recruitment and selection practices.
4. Identify and critically assess the key challenges an organisation faces in delivering effective expatriate performance management.
5. Consider the impact on a multi-national organisation of introducing a reward system which ignores national cultural beliefs and values.
6. Critically evaluate the claim that the employment relationship is influenced more by geographical location and national culture rather than organisational culture.
7. Assess and analyse the claim that we are witnessing a developing trend towards the convergence of human resource management globally.
8. Evaluate the extent to which Multi-National Corporations should seek to manage their human resources within a variety of national communities and diverse ethnic groups in order to improve organisational performance.
9. Assess the extent to which human resource management can effectively be transferred from a developed nation to a developing one.
10. Critically evaluate the claim that “globalisation is moving at a high speed and one of the main forces behind its movement is the economic expansion in developing countries and the associated worldwide wave of economic globalisation, including the lowering of tariff and other barriers to international trade” (Budhwar and Debrah 2005:262).